turn signals

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: turn signals
From: danmerritt@mindspring.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 06:48:15 -0400
My '70 2000 has a problem I can't seem to resolve.  My turn signals work
fine when the head lights are off. When I turn the head lights on, the right
turn signal works fine, but the left one will not. Sometimes it will blink
very slowly for a few minutes and then burn steady and other times it will
not blink at all, but burn steady.  The left indicator light in the dash
will say on all the time when the headlights are on whether the turn signals
are engaged or not.  Logically, I think it should be a short or open
circuit, but have been unable to track it down.  Can anyone offer
suggestions?
Dan Merritt
'70 2000
'64 1500