RE: U20 teardown/ piston tips

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: U20 teardown/ piston tips
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 11:24:48 EDT
--part1_392e6093.25014240_boundary

From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Full-name: SPL311RDST
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 11:23:49 EDT
To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us

In a message dated 09/02/1999 17:10:51 MST, Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us writes:

> >1.)  Does "STD" stamped on the top of the piston indicate I still have
>  >stock size piston?

One thing to remember when stuffing the pistons back in the holes: make sure
you get them back in the same hole they came out of. This might be a silly
"given" but sometimes we forget. If you look closely at the block deck, there
are (more than likely, but not always) tiny numbers stamped on it next to
each cyl. These correspond with the individual pistons that Nissan stuck in
there. Of course, if you are boring (verb, not adjective <G>) this won't
apply, as your machinist should check for "that perfect fit."

Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
Chandler, AZ

--part1_392e6093.25014240_boundary--