Re: U20 teardown/ piston tips

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Subject: Re: U20 teardown/ piston tips
From: IMPORT1@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 12:21:04 EDT
In a message dated 9/3/99 11:30:29 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
SPL311RDST@aol.com writes:

<< These correspond with the individual pistons that Nissan stuck in
 there. Of course, if you are boring (verb, not adjective <G>) this won't
 apply, as your machinist should check for "that perfect fit."  >>

On that note, if you were to order a standard piston from Nissan it is only
one size, not with the extra origonal sizing numbers. Don't drive yourself
nuts trying to match # s as it is impossible unless using origonal or "used"
pistons. This is true even with many newer Nissan engines. On that note when
we put my buddies U20 together he had dropped one piston, cracking the skirt.
Being on a tight budget, he got a used piston (std.) with new rings of
course, and we installed that.The cylinder was a 3 and the piston a 2. Not
the best way to go, but 7800 miles later still going strong. Enjoy.
Jeff
68 2000