Re: warning-are you next?

To: CRAIG HALSTED <MMJB28A@prodigy.com>,
Subject: Re: warning-are you next?
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 08:25:38 -0700

CRAIG HALSTED wrote:

> to all-
>
> my apologies for posting such to the list, but as I have been in
> essence threatened by an individual named Jason Van Slyke, I feel a
> need to respond. I sold a very nice head to this person close to 6
> months ago. money received and spent. after purchase, he changed his
> mind about restoring his roadster and decided to sell it. so when the
> head came, he refused delivery and informed me I owed him his money
> back, less shipping. although I felt this was a real bogus move on
> his part, I let him know that as soon as I sold the head (or any
> head) to someone else, I would send him his money back. I had sold it
> to him very reasonably because I was trying to pay bills and had been
> injured on the job. well, recovery is slow and I'm still not back to
> work, haven't sold a head, and I haven't done anything dishonest, and
> he'll still get his money back when I sell a head. I'm more concerned
> right now with saving the house in virginia where I store 20+
> roadsters from forclosure, and they plan to start publishing notices
> of sale after september 9th. so if anyone wants to buy a house within
> commutable distance of Washington, DC with a kick butt view and over
> 3000 sq ft of garage, or wants to buy a nice used U-20 head for $350,
> let me know. if this all makes me a bad guy, my apologies again. just
> trying to deal with it all a day at a time.
>
> Craig Halsted
>
> or, if anyone else needs some used parts, or a good rebuildable
> roadster, now would be a real good time to give me a shout.

Craig,
I understand the situation that your in at the moment. I was on
disability
for a year an during that time the company I worked for cut back.
There I was without a job, and disabled. The money I had in savings
went fast.

Have you contacted the bank direct. If so talk to someone in the
collections
department they can sometimes rewrite the loan. My house loan was
considerably behind. The bank really didn't want to foeclose they just
wanted some money.

My life is slowly getting back on track and I've gotten caught up with
everything. Things do get better with time if you keep plugging away at
them. I'm finally able to work on my roadster again.

If you sold the head to him, and he payed for it.  After he received it
and rejected it. I'm to believe the head was in good condition. It should

be up to him to sale it. He then became the new owner not you. In other
words he had no reason to have it sent back to you.

Keep your head up and get in touch with the bank. Make the situation
your in known to the bank. Call them often, and send them what you can.

Please post what parts you have available. You don't have to post them
all
just ones that are easy for you to get out to members.

Mike