warning-are you next?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: warning-are you next?
From: MMJB28A@prodigy.com ( CRAIG HALSTED)
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 07:02:08, -0500
to all-

my apologies for posting such to the list, but as I have been in
essence threatened by an individual named Jason Van Slyke, I feel a
need to respond. I sold a very nice head to this person close to 6
months ago. money received and spent. after purchase, he changed his
mind about restoring his roadster and decided to sell it. so when the
head came, he refused delivery and informed me I owed him his money
back, less shipping. although I felt this was a real bogus move on
his part, I let him know that as soon as I sold the head (or any
head) to someone else, I would send him his money back. I had sold it
to him very reasonably because I was trying to pay bills and had been
injured on the job. well, recovery is slow and I'm still not back to
work, haven't sold a head, and I haven't done anything dishonest, and
he'll still get his money back when I sell a head. I'm more concerned
right now with saving the house in virginia where I store 20+
roadsters from forclosure, and they plan to start publishing notices
of sale after september 9th. so if anyone wants to buy a house within
commutable distance of Washington, DC with a kick butt view and over
3000 sq ft of garage, or wants to buy a nice used U-20 head for $350,
let me know. if this all makes me a bad guy, my apologies again. just
trying to deal with it all a day at a time.

Craig Halsted

or, if anyone else needs some used parts, or a good rebuildable
roadster, now would be a real good time to give me a shout.