Dash Layouts & New Cars

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dash Layouts & New Cars
From: "Ron & Julie Edgar" <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 10:52:13 -0400
With all this talk about dash's and gauges and new roadsters compared to old
you might want to check out this American Roadster.

http://caranddriver.radicalmedia.com/member/curIssue/dec_96/panoz/
http://www.forbes-global.com/forbes/98/0824/0110080a.htm
http://www.carsauto.com/panoz.htm

****  Note the picture of the padded dash with white gauges (no chrome)
(I like my 68 padded dash by the way, it may be "butt ugly"  to some its
pleasing to me)

<<On the flip side of the coin, there are penalties for owning a
no-compromises sports car designed by a slightly eccentric 34-year-old
red-haired kid. Such as no exterior door handles. Or locks. Or spare tire.
Or rollover bar. Plus a heat leak around the hand brake sufficient to warm a
suburb of Fairbanks. Plus an upright, VW Super Beetle windshield that
somehow transcends aerodynamic physics and actually creates a tidy torrent
of tornadoes inside the cockpit. At 40 mph, you'll lose your baseball cap.
(I lost three.) At 50 mph, you'll require goggles or your tear ducts will
flow like Harlem hydrants. By 55 mph, you'll insert ear plugs to attenuate
the wind roar. By 65, you can kiss your sunglasses goodbye (mine are
somewhere on I-75 near Knoxville), and you can observe the contents of a
Wendy's Frosty magically emerge from the cup and become affixed to the
inside of the windscreen>>

Our Datsuns are still better designed in some areas then this $60,000
American Wonder!!

Time for Roadster Ride,  see ya!

Ron Edgar
68 1600