Solex Idle

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Solex Idle
From: CBAKER6231@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 00:56:52 EDT
Have 69 2L with a recently rebuilt engine and solex carbs that I took off a
parts car.

The number 4 cylinder is "dead" at an idle.  Once rpms go up, it fires and
pulls just fine.

Electronics are good -- new distributer, wires and plugs -- good hot spark.

Engine mechanics are good -- have carefully checked compression and valve
adjustment.

Problem must be in carbs(?)  Have torn them apart twice and cleaned idle
passages over and over again.  Position of idle mixture screw on #4 cylinder
simply makes no difference.

Have checked carefully for vacuum leaks around carb and manifold using sound
and carb cleaner.  Nothing.

Any ideas?  What other diagnostic steps can I take?

Help.  It runs really good . . . except when idling.

Thanks.

Calvin Baker
Tucson, 69 2L