Re: Solex Idle

To: CBAKER6231@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solex Idle
From: ken pletcher <pletch@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 16:53:01 -0700
I'm definitely no expert but...
If you have a air flow meter check the air balance between barrels,you might
have a bent shaft.  I think my rear
solex carb shaft may be slightly bent because I have a similar problem with
#4 cylinder.  The other symptom my car has is that about 2,000 to 2,500 rpm
with real light throttle it will pop through the carbs slightly.  I did
check the air flow between all 4 barrels of my solex's and found #4 cylinder
was slightly lower than the rest and would not adjust up.
So I gave up and am living with it.
     Ken
DATSTER