Re: fuses, temp, fuel, directionals...

To: MMJB28A@prodigy.com ( CRAIG HALSTED), datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: fuses, temp, fuel, directionals...
From: Teddy Seidenfeld <teddy@stat.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 07:06:59 -0400
At 12:18 AM 9/14/99 -0500, CRAIG   HALSTED wrote:
>my roadster was exhibiting the same symptoms as Teddy's. sometimes I
>had working temp, fuel, and directionals, and sometimes not. with the
>car running, I put on the turn signal and started sliding fuses
>slightly side to side. lo and behold, when I slid the 3rd one up on
>the left, the gauges came back on. since then, if the temp and fuel
>go out, I just move the same fuse a bit until I see the fuel gauge
>come up, and I'm ready to rock again.  and then there's my custom
>"dual" exhaust.......shown this year at the Glen......:-)
>
>Craig Halsted
>roadsters

Dear Craig and friends,

Well, it's the 3rd fuse DOWN on the left in my box for the
directionals/under-dash v.reg, and backup lights.
3rd one up on the left for me controls wipers/washer motor.

I don't think that either of those positions agree with the posted wiring
diagram for the location of the directional/gauges/backup lights in a
late-model, 8-fuse box.  There, it is a corner location, if I'm reading the
diagram correctly.

(And I hope I can see you-all at the Glen next year!)

Teddy
69 2000
Pgh PA
OROC