Re: different engines

To: "a roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: different engines
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 20:43:45 -0700
I think from your standpoint you would do yourself a big favor if you were
not to try and changeout your present engine.  The possibility of it going
in without modifications is remote.  If you want a challenge, just taking
out and putting your present engine will be enough.  And when you have your
engine and transmission out, take it to a reputable Automotive machine shop
and let them rebuild it for you.  The one you want to buy will probably need
to be rebuilt anyway.  Keep the engine designed for that car.  The hassle of
changing engines involves many times torch cutting, and repositioning the
mounts, not to mention the many unforseen things that need to be modified.
It will put you in the poor house, then the nut house.  Been there, done
that.  Won't do it again.