different engines

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: different engines
From: "Matt Peterson" <pete_303@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 19:30:29 PDT
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the differences between the Z-20
engine and the L-20.  The reason I ask Is that I've been offered a Z-20 with
a 4spd for a good price from a list member.  The only problem is that it is
in Fl and I'm in Mn!  I would like to see if I could locate an engine a
little closer for a good price before I would drive down to pick it up.  It
seems the L-20 is somewhat more common this is why I ask.  Also, would
anyone know which engine would be an easier job to put in as I've never done
an engine transplant before.

Also, does anyone know of a company that would ship an engine/trans.  I
can't locate any company that would do that.  It's either too big or too
heavy.

Thanks,

Matt Peterson
68 1600  (running rough and burning oil)
Zimmerman, MN