Re: butt-ugly dashes-Fan the Flames

To: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Subject: Re: butt-ugly dashes-Fan the Flames
From: Alan Bent <ajb@squirrel.com.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 21:06:04 +1000
This reply is a little late, but I thought I'd send it anyway. I've been in
hospital for a while, but I'm out now and back in near roadworthy condition
again. It was nice to get back online and find that I had over 150 messages to
read from you guys.
So, in reply to a few past comments -
1/ I am not related to the Crocodile hunter guy on TV, but he does live just a
few miles down the road from me. (Yes, he is completely mad. And he owns a
Leyland)
2/ Yes, the engine of my car is under the "bonnet", not the "hood". Isn't a
"hood" an undesirable person that prowls the streets of your cities after dark?
3/ You better not be picking on my Cedric! You must be jealous, you have no
doubt heard stories about the awesome performance and handling characteristics
of the legendery Cedric. This is a car that came second in it's class in the
1963 Japanese grand prix, beaten only by a Toyota Crown! (the
Cedric had 4 "Oh S#@!" handles and needs every one of them.)
4/With regards to your comment "obviously he needs professional help!", my wife
would like to point out that anyone that owns more than 10 old Datsuns is
actually beyond Professional help.
5/ I am disgusted that you would use the "L" word (Leyland) on this mailing
list. There may be impressionable young children reading this list that are now
deeply emotionally scarred after reading such offensive language.
6/ I hope everyone is sending money to the "Save Steve" fund so he can come to
Australia and uphold the honour of the American High Screen Owners. I pledge 2c
to Steve's fund, I'd love to see him come down here. We'll see how long his
plastic dash lasts in an Australian summer. :-)
  Speaking of ugly dashes, a few years ago I saw a 65/66 SP311 that was fitted
with a 240Z dash. Now that looked really stupid.
Alan Bent (still far from serious)
1966 Fairlady SP311  - "An automotive work of art"
1965 Silvia CSP311 - "Too good for Americans"
1966 Fairlady SP311  -  "Has shiny chrome headlight surrounds, not daggy dull
ones like high screen ones"
1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310 - "50% more seating than a high screen car"
1964 Fairlady 3 seater SP310 - "Proudly wearing it's Nippondenso file draw
handle"
1964 Cedric Wagon WP31 - "Power to weight ratio of 62.7hp/1000kg, better than a
Hummer"
1963 Bluebird P312 - "60hp of tarmac tearing power"
1963 Bluebird P312
1963 Cedric P31
1964 Cedric Wagon
1969 Super Six G130