Re: <no subject>

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, matt w Monday <matt_monday@juno.com>
Subject: Re: <no subject>
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 17:47:30 -0700
Hi Matt,

How's scool! Three things your engine needs - gas, air, and spark. Usually
air isn't too great a concern. A lot of people tend to focus on gas.

My guess is spark. That's where I usually look in a situation like yours.
Check the distributor, item by item. Start with the points. Check that they
operate right, and you're not getting point float due to a bad spring.
Check the vacuum advance plate under the points, that it isn't hanging up
as that can mess up your timing. Are the spark plug wires loose and not
seating right, or are they wet or dirty? Check the rotor and distributor
cap. I had a cap fail on me once, when the middle contact had a bad spring
so sometimes the car would cut out, drove me nuts. Check all wire
connections at the distributor, coil, and ballast resistor. Even check
under the advance plate where the weights and springs are.

Fred