Re: 1st gear part 2

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re: 1st gear part 2
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 18:29:27 -0700
Hi Daniel,

Geesh! What is it about you and CalSpeed, yah got all these beautiful women
waiting in line? Tell them about the rest of us that own roadsters!

Simple adjustment, Yes. Unhook the spring. Get two open-end wrenches, I think
they're 1/2 inch, and unlock the nuts. Then use a flat-tip screwdriver to
tighten the play rod until the free play is about 1/8 inch. Not enough free play
and your clutch will slip. Too much, and it's hard to shift into 1st. Lock the
nuts, and put the spring on.

Fred - So.SF