Re: 1st gear part 2

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 1st gear part 2
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:18:33 -0500
>Fred:

>Simple adjustment, Yes. Unhook the spring. Get two open-end wrenches, I
>think
>they're 1/2 inch, and unlock the nuts. Then use a flat-tip screwdriver to
>tighten the play rod until the free play is about 1/8 inch. Not enough
>free play
>and your clutch will slip. Too much, and it's hard to shift into 1st. Lock
>the
>nuts, and put the spring on.

>Daniel:

>        Well I checked my clutch pedal free play and its about 3/4".  Is
>this what is causing first to dissappear every once in a while??  This
>should
>be a simple adjustment yes??
>        My S.O. told all her friends about me letting her drive my car and
>how
>fun it is and now they all want rides!!!  Hmmm.. spending a day giving
>beautiful women rides is sure going to be rough....Just as long as my damn
>clutch works....

I'm going to jump in here because it looks like Daniel's talking about
the clutch free play under the dash and Fred's talking about adjusting
the free play down at the slave cylinder. Since I don't have a roadster
to look at, wanted to ask for a clarification for myself and to make sure
Daniel has the right items adjusted. We can't have him leave all of those
SF lovelies stranded.<G>

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)