Re: Fender Screws

To: "Alan Bent" <ajb@squirrel.com.au>,
Subject: Re: Fender Screws
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 19:45:43 -0700
I hope the plater's children thanked Alan for the braces and the college
education!
----------------------------------snip--------------------------------------
Alan Said:

I chrome plated to fender screws on one of my cars. The theme of the
restoration on that car was "If it detaches from the car, chrome plate it".
So
anything made of steel, like the voltage regularor, coil, bonnet hinges,
expansion tank, screws, nuts, bolts, etc. were chrome plated. Anything that
was
alloy, like the timing chain cover, intake manifold, fuel pump, carbs,
alternator, etc. was polished to the point you could see your reflection in
it.
Then in an act of total over kill, all the radiator, heater and fuel hoses
are
all stainless steel braided. The engine bay was so shiny that you needed to
wear welding goggles just to check the oil.
"Long live vanity!"