Re: shifter boot question

To: "Matt Peterson" <pete_303@hotmail.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: shifter boot question
From: "Graham Evans" <evansg@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 09:13:59 -0400
You have two shift boots; a rubber lower one that attaches to the floor
tunnel and a leather upper one that attaches to the console.  I understand
there were two different lower rubber version; a smaller round boot and a
larger one that looks like a circle with the two sides cut off.  my floor
tunnel had the smaller round hole so when I ordered a rubber boot I received
the larger boot and it would not fit in the round hole.  You may be able to
get the smaller round boot that fits properly or else you can do what I did,
cut the hole to fit the larger boot.  I used the smaller boot a couple of
times and found they did not last long.  They seem to get beat up at the
four corners of the shift pattern which is probably why Datsun changed the
hole size and shape.

Graham

68 1600