Re: Dash? Wonders of Fiberglass

To: aryasu19@idt.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dash? Wonders of Fiberglass
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 09:20:23 EDT
Yet another use for the wonders of fiberglass.
My glovebox was disentigrating also, and as I was useing large
quantities of fiberglass for my bodywork at the time
I tried it....works great.   Put fiberglass mat on the outside
of the box, reshaping all the torn bits to original shape,
and when dry smoothed the inside and filled in the missing
bits with more fiberglass resin.  I then painted the whole
thing with a spray can of flat black.  Works great, and
looks original, and is about 10 times stronger than original.
If you are after a 100 point restoration, and are worried
about someone crawling under the dash to take off points
for the suspicious fiberglass weave the outside of your
glovebox has, then this isnt for you (lol).
Jim
67 pushrod 2 liter
Chesapeake Va