seat covers and cats

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: seat covers and cats
From: "nruff" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 22:25:47 -0500
Well, cats and myself have never really gotten along and they recently took
another step in the wrong direction!  The 70 1600 was sitting at my uncles,
where the body was being worked over.  It was ocassionally rolled outside
and covered with a tarp.  Sometime while outside, a local cat found it's way
into the car and proceeded to claw the leather seats to shreads.  They were
out of an 89 RX-7.  I CANNOT fathom the cost of having an upholstery shop do
this but instead noticed that JC Whitney does sell custom tailored vinyl
seat covers.  Before I throw $ at them, has anyone used these or seen these
on other cars?  According to the description, they APPEARED like they are
pretty decent quality?

BTW, a belated thanks for the "how to tips" I received several months ago on
convertible top installation.  We finished the install on the Whitney top
last weekend and it turned out great!  Out of curiosity, what is the purpose
of those cloth "flaps" right above the side windows?-they appear to protect
the top from getting pinched in the frame-is this right?  My brother though
maybe they were a failed attemp at a sun visor.

Thanks
Nathan