Re: seat covers and cats

To: conrad1@gte.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: seat covers and cats
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 07:28:57 EDT
In a message dated 09/26/1999 10:03:37 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
conrad1@gte.net writes:

<<  We finished the install on the Whitney top
 > last weekend and it turned out great!  Out of curiosity, what is the
purpose
 > of those cloth "flaps" right above the side windows?-they appear to protect
 > the top from getting pinched in the frame-is this right?  My brother though
 > maybe they were a failed attemp at a sun visor.

 Think, what you are describing are the flaps that are intended to cover
 the top frame over the doors, as in the original equipment, but you need
 to install snaps.  That's what I did with my Whitney top.  Worked great.

 Aloha, Dave

Sounds more like the flaps that cover the windows to keep rain out. Are those
the ones you are talking about? Or the ones that keep the fabric attached to
the frame on the the inside? If that's it, you do need snaps or velcro.

Joseph