Re: Gotta have Datsun roadster

To: laurahoey@myself.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gotta have Datsun roadster
From: "Dan Zubkoff" <datsun65@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:47:23 PDT
Hi Laura,

Well, I can't comment too much about your particular car you are looking
at......really don't have many details.

But the 1500's are really terrific cars for cruising in!! They are quite
rare, but don't let that scare you away. Most every part you can need can
still be found. In my opinion, the 1500 3 seater has a great classic style
that is unique to the first of the roadsters.

I drive my 65 1500 on the highway all the time. Even though the SPL310's
have the 1500 engines, they sure has plenty of zip. Brakes are drums all the
way around, so stopping on a dime could be a challenge. Also, first gear is
non-syncromesh, so the car needs to be at a full stop to put it into first
gear.

Pricing is usually along the same lines as the other 1600/2000's. Rarity
hasn't made much differnce in the price. Expect to pay as low as $500 for a
basket case, $1500-2000+ for one that is roadworthy, $4000 for a good
condition,nice looking driver, $5000+ for a highly restored car.

For more details, check out:

http://www.mbay.net/~suzannag/

http://members.aol.com/Datsun63/fairlady.htm

Dan Zubkoff