Re: 64 1500 Fairlady

To: vlaury@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 64 1500 Fairlady
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:44:15 EDT
Victor:

I beg to differ with the speed thing, especially with a single carb 1500 that
really surprised (and blew by) a humming '70 1600 in our first WyCROC outing
(think the speedo said around 90).  I know that there is about 20 ponies more
in the 1600 than my car (rated at 77).  The dual carb 1500 is rated at 85 HP,
so there is only 11 difference.  I have had 3 Fairlady's of the 7 Roadsters
I've owned and use to autocross and gymkhana race in several categories and
the 1500 came out a good share of the time with better times that the D
production 1600's.

Judge not the 1500's, for which your car evolved.  If it wasn't for the
1500's you may not BE ENJOYING THE RIDE.

Gary Lasater
'63 Single Carb 1500 Fairlady
'70 1600 (new and number 8)