Re: 64 1500 Fairlady

To: <BARTERDUDE@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 64 1500 Fairlady
From: "Victor Laury" <vlaury@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 09:59:26 -0700
I admit, with apologies that my statement, "As far as anything I can think
of that would be against the 1500 is that they are quite slower than the
1600's and 2000's", was based on complete ignorance. The only reference I
based my statement on was a post from some time ago about a group ride,
where the poster (a 1500 owner) complained that he wished he had more ponies
to keep up with the 2 liters. I have never had the honour to drive a "real"
Fairlady. Please believe me when I say  that I think the SP-310 style is
very beautiful. The unbroken trim line adds something that our later cars
lack.

I must further admit that I had similar wrong ideas about the 1600 until I
drove Gary Griffin's 67 during our SoCal Pala run. With it's lower gearing,
the 1600 is quite quick and "POPS" up to speed with much satisfaction.  The
whole truth is that I can find no wrong in any roadster, I want them all!