Re: fog fest Jag

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fog fest Jag
From: Toby B <toby@wolfenet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 16:24:26 -0700
I gotta pop off
        with a limited defense of the "rad sheet metal mods" crowd.  Now,
let's say I acquire 2 roadsters: one's a pretty complete 67.5 2L, with
most of its original bits, not too much rust, and a few dents.  The
second, however, is a basket-case '70 1600 that's been stripped for
parts, has no floorboards to speak of, and has been smacked in both
ends.
        Now, if I chop the first car into the "superjag" I'm undeniably doomed
to hell for all eternity.  No arguments there.
        But if I make something wild out of the second car, what's the harm?
The thing would be scrapped otherwise, and lost completely.  If I save
it from the crusher, put a Q45 engine and a Ford 9" rear end under it,
isn't it a worthy project?  It's certainly one more roadster on the
road, and "no live cars were harmed in its production"!
Something is better than nothing,
Toby