Small World, Another Case

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Small World, Another Case
From: Douglas E Noble <Douglas.E.Noble@parsons.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 15:14:36 +0000
     This is spreading.....

     I have one of Mark Dent's calenders in my office, and I just put up a
     JPEG on my computer desktop of my car. So, my office manager walks
     over because he's reviewing a proposal I'm putting together for him,
     and the following conversation began:

                So, you like sportcars.

                Yes.

                What do you have on the screen there?

                Its a Datsun Roadster; its what Datsun made before
                the Z-Car.  They made their racing reputation with them.

                Oh, I KNOW exactly what it is, let me tell you something
                about those cars.....

                (INTERUPTING) Bob, that car is sitting in my driveway, I
                know about 'em too.

                You're kidding.

                No, not at all.....

     Apparently, he had free use of a sora blue 1967 (1968?) 1600 for a
     couple of years in college, most fun he ever had in a car.  The
     conversation then turned to to how much I paid, what I got,
     availability, what he could get, how much a restoration would cost,
     etc.  Could not believe how inexpensive they are, relatively (he
     thought I paid 3 times what I did). So, now he is planning on how to
     get this through the household approval system, and thinking about
     next spring sometime.  This is a guy who could buy pretty much what he
     wanted, Z3, Boxster, E-Type, Miata, NSX whatever; but because of past
     great experience is thinking of getting a roadster.  I think he's
     really enthusiastic because roadsters are fun, reliable, and here on
     the East Coast, rare (a little bit of cachet, you know).

     I keep the list informed on the latest potential convert. This could
     be fun.

     Doug Noble
     Vienna, Virginia
     SPL311-25006