Re: Body - how to remove from frame

To: "Dziuba, Larry" <LarryD@pengrowth.com>,
Subject: Re: Body - how to remove from frame
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 17:54:56 -0700
"Dziuba, Larry" wrote:

>   Should I screw some support bar from front to back of the door opening?
> Larry in Calgary.

Larry,
It is a good idea to run a support rod from the upper door hinge to the
striker for the door latch.  I cut a length of square tubing and 2 plates with
holes drilled in the plates that match the mounting holes.  Then I welded the
bar to the plates.  I made one for the right and left side.  Be careful not to
over heat the body panels.  You could get some warping if you are not careful.