Re: O.T.- The gap between buying and selling

To: Andrew Murphy <solex67@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: O.T.- The gap between buying and selling
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 17:31:24 -0700 (PDT)
ANDREW,

I had a similar excperience with a '66 1600 I saw way
out in the Boonies along side the road with a phone #
on it.  The car was a rag, but it was all there and
had some potential.  I called, and, I guess, made the
mistake of telling him I have one and like them etc,
etc.  Well, he thought his roadster was worth
$3300...Well, maybe to him...Anyway, I tried to talk
around it, but he seemed very insulted that I would
suggest his price was a little high.  Finally I gave
up.  Mentioned this car to a guy who was admiring mine
at a local Z-Car show the next week.  He went up there
with $1600 cash, and came back with the car.  Some
people can talk a deal, and then there is me...

Mike Harper
'66 1600 (and maybe it will always be lonely)
Charleston SC