Re: O.T.- The gap between buying and selling

To: "Mike Harper" <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: O.T.- The gap between buying and selling
From: "datsunmike" <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 21:17:38 -0400
Mike,

"Some people can talk a deal, and then there is me..." Join the club!!!!!!!

I saw many overpriced rustajunk Roadsters for sale over the years and the
owners always telling me how rare and valuable they are. Many years ago in
the late 80s I went to look at a 67.5 2000 that was a hunk a junk w/not one
straight panel, a basterdized interior and all kinds of other damage. The
guy wanted $3,000 for it and I just stared at him in disbelief. He told me
he could sell it in Japan for $15K, so I told him to ship it to Japan!

BTW, he also told me he had it up to 150MPH!!!!!!! Yeah right!!!! Then I
went around the block to get my Roadster and blew his mind as he had no idea
I knew anything about them.

Ed Unkle bought the car for about $1,000 and I think he overpaid for what I
considered to be at best a parts car only.

66 Mike