O.T.- The gap between buying and selling

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: O.T.- The gap between buying and selling
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 13:07:52 PDT
List,

Many of you know I have had my eye on a three seater for a while now.
Thought I had found a good candidate very near to where I live. A 64 1500
listed on Yahoo auctions. Many list members pointed the car out to me and I
immediatly had a look.

Car looked pretty good. Dent in passenger door. Looks like it has been in
the weather for a while. Broken spark plug at base. Not running. Needs work.
The auction had a start price of 2590.00. I thought this was a tad high for
a car that needed work and wasn't running, so I contacted the owner to see
about coming to look at the car. Guy writes back and says he is a
professional car broker doing his neighbor a favor in helping him to sell
the car. Apparently the neighbor isn't looking too favorably on taking any
offers. Wants his price and that is that.

Now we have gone over and over and over about the price of these cars. We
know one of the primary factors is condition, condition, and condition. This
guy wants almost 2600.00 for a non-running, been-in-the-weather-forever car
without anyone looking at it or inspecting it? I don't get it. I know if we
are selling we want the most money we can get, but where is the line drawn?
This guy can offer the car for sale at that price all he wants. I don't
think he is going to get any takers. I had planned to offer 1500.00 for the
car. A fair price for a non-running car that needs work. Am I crazy or just
frustrated?

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC

http://profiles.msn.com.