Re: OT - 510 Appreciation

To: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>, <Robert.Long@CSDInc.com>
Subject: Re: OT - 510 Appreciation
From: "Calvin Grandy" <cmgfam@sover.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 08:57:49 -0400
I made a half harted attempt at putting a 240Z rear end in a Roadster in the
late 70's. This is a "Chapman" rear end in a very good execution. The hole
assembly arrives as a "package",  diff, lower arms, uprights, struts and
mounts.  There was very little fabrication of additional sub frame required
to catch the mounting points, but the struts would require considerable
reshaping of the wheel wells and would end up higher than the present rear
body lines.  I have NO body work inclination, so the project went away.

I would consider it today however, as a Chapman layout has much to offer
over semi trailing layout as found on the 510"s.

Regards

Calvin Grandy
Vermont