ADQ vs the smog test, round 2

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: ADQ vs the smog test, round 2
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 13:45:23 EDT
Hello all,

    Two things, first, I ordered the ADQ needles from England and should be
sending them out in a week or so when they get here. Second, I dropped the
ADQ needle to .020 and was able to pass the smog test. It ran clean enough
for a mid 70s car and the drivability was pretty good. If the idle is set at
750 it is still a bit rich but if you raise it to 1000 - 1100 it leans out
and passes fine. I had to use the choke until the engine was completely
warmed up. The engine runs a lot better set richer but you can set it to pass
smog and still drive home. On the oxygen sensor box you need to have a
reading of less than 200 mv.

                                            keith williams