Re: ADQ vs the smog test, round 2

To: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Subject: Re: ADQ vs the smog test, round 2
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 19:53:49 -0500
> >I've noticed that I may be the only roadster owner in texas that still
> >has the smog gear installed.  Do they look for that during the annual
> >inspection.?
>
> AFAIK only the annual safety inspection is required, but remember neither
> of my toys are running or registered. Terry, Pat, or one of the other
> Texas folks can better answer the question.
>

> Ronnie Day
> ronday@home.com
> ronnie_day@acd.org
> ___________
> The ACL Group
> Arlington, Texas
> (817) 572-0873

Here in Austin we don't have to pass the smpg tests, no vehicle does.  The
inspectors do check to see if the pollution stuff is in place, but they don't
pull out a manual to see what SHOULD be on the engine.  If there are no crimped
off lines or unused mounting brackets visible I doubt that anyone would notice.
Just after I got my previous roadster on the road I forgot to install the
valve cover to air filter breather hose, they caught it and I had to go buy
one before they would pass me.

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885