Re: Watkins Glen part of the story!

To: SGHT@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Watkins Glen part of the story!
From: Dat2000srl@aol.com
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 22:29:59 EDT
How sweet it was!  This was my first year at the Glen, however without the
Datsun. I have to say once again, in case someone missed it, Dawn's 1500 is a
Be-u-ti-ful car. She 'talked Dave into getting it for her at a previous Glen
meet. My wife and I have a wonderful time, as anyone there can aggree. After
haveing the my roadster for about 4 years, and missing the Glen up until this
year, we are highly motivated into taking on the journey next sept. By the
way, Next year will be the 15th year for this gathering, Hopefully we will se
roadsters in force, I know there are alot of guys that didn't make it in my
area. I am thinking about brewing a batck of home brew beer for the event
next years event. My wife Evy now has Datsun fever. I hoped she would enjoy
the event, as it turns out she seemed to have more fun than me!  She was
cracking on Deans (Fairlady Products) Mexican accent. The two of them are
from NYC and were ribbing each other every chance they got. Thanks for coming
out Dean (really). Besides the beautiful 1500, there were many handsome
1600's and 2000's there. I did not see 1 butchered car there. I like them
original, of course to each his own, and I almost expected a few flaired out
or motored out cars, but I was happily suprised to see many very stock and a
few with minor mods... wheels, carbs etc. I once considered flaring my
fenders, I have since converted, seeing a flared out mess at a datsun shop in
vienna Va.
  My wife also made us t-shirts (2) one ea. mine had 'DAT2000SRL', hers
'ROADSTER LOVER' . We captured a pic on the net, CALSPEED!! in his race car
in front of a Viper, we cut the Viper out of the pic, and printed it out on
iron on paper, we got lots of compliments, thanks CALSPEED, great pic! I hope
your not gonna come after me for copyright violations, we didn't sell them.
    We took some pics , and will post them on the net when them come in.
Can't wait til next year.   Larry and Evy   2000 69 in 2001