Re: jaz products (seats)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: jaz products (seats)
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:45:25 EDT
Mark typing away here:

  I had one of the moulded plastic seats in a 510. I believe it was indeed a
Jaz brand as well.
  If you never intend to drive for more than a half hour at a stretch, and
drive only on absolutely smooth pavement then go for it.  After making a
couple of long (2000 mile +) trips in the 510, I vowed I would never have one
again. (It was the blood in the urine after about 500 miles that was the
deciding point)

  When I was faced with the same problem for my Cortina a couple of years ago
I looked around and settled on the Corbeau Forza (www.corbeau.com) which was
$250 ish.  Welded steel frame, rubber strap suspension, nice padding and a
cloth cover avaialble in black, blue, red and yellow.. Also FIA certs, which
is overkill, but says worlds about the quality. Quite confortable once you
get used to it enforcing good posture, and Corbeau is very responsive to
customer comments.

  Mounting any aftermarket seat is going to provide the same challenges on
seat rails et c.  There is however an industry standard so chances are that
any mount you come up with will readily accept any seat you choose.

Mark, not
Laurie :-)
70 SPL311
69 SRL311