jaz products (seats)

To: "'roadster.netlist'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: jaz products (seats)
From: "Ofarrell, Fergus" <Ofarrell.Fergus@hitco.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 15:16:39 -0700
Okay racers and others, does anyone have any opinions or had any dealings
with sport/replacement seats from a company call Jaz Products?
 (as in jazproducts.com,  Santa Paula, CA)
I went to the Long Beach Hot Rod Swap Meet last Sunday, and they had a
fairly impressive display of fuel cells, harnesses, and molded plastic or
welded aluminum seats for racing or whatever. (slip on vinyl or cloth
covers)  My current set are competely trashed and missing headrests, and the
most reasonable I had found was the set of TR-6 seats on e-bay that the guy
wanted $350.  (all the other local ads were for seats removed from Honda
Civic's, and that styling just wouldn't go with the 'vintage-era' look, but
that's just my opinion)
These guys from Jaz only want ~100 for the seat and the cover, and have a
mini sports model in molded plastic that will definitely fit from the
measurements I've taken. I figure a little creative metal fab can get them
mounted to the Datsun rails, or I can buy their mounting/sliding rail kit.
(~25 bucks each)
Much thanks for any info anyone has,

Fergus O'Farrell
69 2000

(in my hunt I also saw Jeep seats that had speakers built in to the
headrests, but they were so big I'd look like Herman Munster with my head
pokin' out the top........ though maybe I already do?)