Re: Opinions wanted. 67.5 2L value?

To: mtyler@hctc.net
Subject: Re: Opinions wanted. 67.5 2L value?
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:47:14 PDT
Folks,

We all know that the value of anything is as much as anyone will pay for it.
Supply and demand. First thing we learned in economics 101. The Datsun 67.5
2000 roadster is rare. No argument there. It is the first 2 liter version of
the Datsun Roadster made. It is a unique car in the Datsun Roadster world.

As far as anything made in the last ten years blowing its doors off, I say
put me against a normally aspirated 4 cyl. car and I will hold my own and
beat most of them.

I am going to restore my roadster. When finished, I will likely have put
well over 20k into it. Would I get that much if I wanted to sell it?
Probably not. It's not the point. However, if you think you are going to get
a restored 196x anything for 2000.00 you are kidding yourself. My advice is
if the car means so little to you, why don't you sell your 67 2000 for
2000.00 to Sid Raper. Now there is a guy who appreciates these cars.

Andrew Murphy
67.5 2000 Solex (not for sale- OK, you can have it for 50k)
SoCalROC

http://profiles.msn.com.