Re: Opinions wanted. 67.5 2L value?

To: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Opinions wanted. 67.5 2L value?
From: "Calvin Grandy" <cmgfam@sover.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:55:48 -0400
Hey! Andrew!
What Gives?
I didn't see the ;-) in your reply.

I don't even have a 2000,  only a "lowly"1600. (It was given to me however,
by a woman friend who just couldn't keep up with it even after spending many
$k on it.  I got the receipts with the car!)  I am "obligated" to let her
drive it from time to time now that it runs well.  Not a bad deal, as she is
a long time friend and quite attractive!)

I do have a certain amount of unreasonable passion, ' else I wouldn't
subscribe to this list.
This unreasonable passion does not keep me from trying to see my actions
from other viewpoints.
Certainly I can not value a complete car by the price I would have to pay to
obtain all the parts.  (Although I do tend to accumulate "stuff" on that
premise.)
Pretty soon I would be counting up my many enjoyable hours spent "working on
the car" and "charging shop rate" of $50 per hour.  We know we will never
see that kind of valuation.  What would your insurance agent say?

I regret that I do not know Sid and his appreciation for the Roadsters

Have you done any engine or suspension modifications to make your car more
competitive?  These near 2 liter volkswagons get right with the program
right out of the box.
Your $50K price puts the car beyond the interest of anyone I know. (list
included I suspect).

If you must know, I really want a Formula Ford that I can drive on the
street.
There you can get a real automobile for about $12K ! ;-).   I like the
fineness of the small engine/car as opposed to raw HP.

Calvin Grandy
;-)