Re: V8 conversion

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: V8 conversion
From: andycost@att.net
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:20:58 +0000
I saw a guy at an autocross that had a second generation
spitfire with a 289.  It had webers with eight velocity
stacks sticking up through the hood.  The tires were 10
inches wide front and back.  The car didn't handle worth
a darn.  It spun the tires, pushed the front, and spun
out every time.  It sure was fast in a straight line.  I
have a picture somewhere if anyone is interested.

I too thought about putting a H.O.302 from a mustang in
a roadster.  From the measurements I took it appeared
that it would fit with only small modifications.  With
enough aluminum parts the weight can be kept down.  In
fact you can purchase entire aluminum Ford and Chevy
V8's.  Of course that would not be as economical as
pumping up a U20 which already has enough power to spin
the tires at will.

Andy

Andy