vinyl question

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Subject: vinyl question
From: "Amy & Erik" <apotter@mn.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:25:03 -0500
<Getting the patterns done for interior vinyl replacement and it just hit
me--what type of glue is used to hold the vinyl to the metal? Anyone with
appliction experience I would appreciate input!>

I have had good luck with Grip-it brand glue.  It is meant to glue
motorcycle grips to handlebars.  I glued my shifter boot to the metal plate
and threw that clamp-retention ring away because it did nothing.  I can tug
very hard on the shifter boot and it will not come loose.  If you can't find
it at a motorcycle shop- go to your local bike shop and have them order it
from Quality Bicycle Products (a wholesale distributor where I work).

I will be in Las Vegas for work this Saturday through Wednesday.  Anybody
out there want to show me what a well tuned 2000 or a 1600 is supposed to
ride/drive like?

Erik Smeby
2L 1600