Re: vinyl question

To: plhbauman@earthlink.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: vinyl question
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 00:43:59 EDT
plhbauman@earthlink.net writes:

<< Anyone with appliction experience I would appreciate input! >>

I just installed a complete vinyl kit from CDM this year.  I used a product
called contact cement.  There are several different companies that produce
such a product.  It either comes in a tube, small bottle or can.  Buy a quart
size can and several cheap paint brushes.  This should be enough for the
entire interior plus extra if it comes loose later.

You apply the glue/cement to the vinyl and also to the metal.  Let it dry as
per the instructions.  Usually 10 minutes is enough if installed in warm
weather.  Apply the glue covered vinyl to the metal and it will stick
immediately.  And once it is stuck it will be very very difficult to remove.
So make sure that you prefit the pieces and get a good idea on how it should
be placed.

Be careful not to get any glue on the colored side of the vinyl.  It is a
tedious job to clean up.  I used rubber gloves when I installed the interior.
 My gloves were covered with glue.  Better my gloves then my hands.  But the
choice is yours.

I would also recommend that you paint the interior metal while it is stripped
of the old interior.  The painting and interior kit took me almost two weeks
to install.  I took my time and am very happy with the results.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
Sora Blue 67.5 2000 with Red Interior
BADROC