Re: Solex's vs. SU's (pressurizing the SUs)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Solex's vs. SU's (pressurizing the SUs)
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 00:45:27 EDT
Thanks to tom and john... I totally forgot bout the original idea of
completely enveloping a carb in an air box in a blow-through turbo
application. So I whipped up a little sketch of a very DIY air box using a
steel tool box:
http://members.nbci.com/stifus/airbox.gif
Run a nice flange on the open area, use some good rubber stripping, and that
baby should be able to handle 6psi with no probs! :)
The fitting on the left side is for the fuel line... line from fuel pump
attaches to the outside, and line to the carbs attaches to the inside.
Ok, so we may not go with the toolbox idea, but I guess we will try to run a
big air box and see how that goes... now when boost rises, there should be an
equal amount of psi pushing down on the carbs' internals as there is psi
pushing on the piston, but I'm assuming the velocity of the air going through
the carbs will allow them to rise?
Was thinking of also making an air horn with a flange to bolt on to the
throat of each carb to house an additional injector also.. that'd probably be
the only way to run an addlt inj in this application....

\/ /\ /\/
www.sr20parts.com