PING PING

To: ra0618@email.sps.mot.com
Subject: PING PING
From: CarterCM@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 00:29:10 EDT
Tom,
I've scratched my head on this a few times myself. Question...Gas CAN be
refined to a higher octane (anti knock) without additives. So, isn't
detonation (explosion) just a degree of the same process of rapid burn? So
wouldn't the higher octane 'resist' the increase in rate of burn (burn
slower) compared to a non-additive standard, as the ignition advances and
pressure goes up?

Craig Carter

In a message dated 9/22/00 7:53:20 PM Pacific Daylight Time,