Re: Pertronics (was olympic glory...)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, KWS711@aol.com
Subject: Re: Pertronics (was olympic glory...)
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:56:26 -0700
Hi Kim,

Also congrats to Chris Thompson!

I didn't like the Pertronics in my cars, so I put points back in. Note that
I said cars. It was in my '66 1600 when I bought the car and it ran
sluggish; much better after converting to points. I converted my '70 1600
to Pertronics and it ran sluggish, so I went back to points. When I rebuilt
my 2000 into my '66 I installed Pertronics, then went to points. All
different units on different cars.

I agree, is there a trick to them? Sure, Pertronics don't wear out like
points (over time) but I tune my cars periodically. AFAIK, don't remove the
green tape, it stays on.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC
P.S. Awesome 80's clear weather!