Re[2]: Pertronics

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, "Kyle Hagemann" <kwhcpa@addler.net>
Subject: Re[2]: Pertronics
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 17:09:30 -0700
Hi Kyle,

I'm not saying Pertronix can't be fast. I just want to find out how it can
be done.

It was pre-installed in my '66 when I bought it. I used a brand-new unit in my
'70 1600 and followed all the instructions. And I used a brand-new unit in my
'66 2000 when I rebuilt the engine. The engine was almost completely new - new
valves, rings, spark plugs, wires, distributor, coil, ballast resistor, carb
components, etc. But it didn't perform as well as I wanted. I switched to points
and it made a big difference. Maybe the addition of a higher-powered coil would
do the trick to make the Pertronix perform.

When I tune my standard points setup, I'll put the dwell at the recommended
specs and go from there. I can vary the gap thereby changing the dwell. With
Pertronics, I could not see any way to vary the dwell.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC