Re: Re[2]: Pertronics

To: <Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us>
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Pertronics
From: "Calvin Grandy" <cmgfam@sover.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 08:48:55 -0400
Electronic ignition systems do not require "dwell" as do point coil systems.
The solid state devices allow maximum coil saturation time along with
instant "Break" at the time of firing.  At least in theory.
Early CDI ( Capacitive discharge ignitions)  were faulted for firing "too
fast".  They made a high voltage discharge for a very brief time.  Sometimes
this failed to light the mix.  Could such a problem exist with these units?

I feel we should take this tread to Pertronics and get a real response.  I
have spent my money on this unit, and will be a bit disappointed if it
doesn't perform to my expectations.

A brief net search yesterday did not get me a contact, only retailers.  Has
someone the contact information for Pertronics?

regards

Calvin Grandy
Vermont

> Hi Kyle,
>
> I'm not saying Pertronix can't be fast. I just want to find out how it can
> be done.

> When I tune my standard points setup, I'll put the dwell at the
recommended
> specs and go from there. I can vary the gap thereby changing the dwell.
With