Re[2]: Rainy day Projects part 2

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Subject: Re[2]: Rainy day Projects part 2
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 16:00:04 -0700
Daniel,

Here's an idea, although it may be unnecessary if someone produces specs
for wheel clearance inside the front wheel-well.

Remove your left front fender and drive without it. Then you can SEE the
wheel clearance to the inner fender well. Of course you should do your
driving in the daytime, unless you have another way to mount your headlight
to make it street legal. Then you can start doing your cutouts on the inner
fender-well. For a reference, see the picture of the junker at SJ that I
picked up recently.

http://www.2xtreme.net/fredkatz/images/68junk1.jpg

As you can see, the indented area for the carbs is below the tire height.
Turning the wheel brings it close to the indented area at the front and rear,
while the indented area looks safe.

Good luck with your project. If it works for you I may do a similar thing for my
SU's; I want to double up the air filters.

Fred