List Clutter

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: List Clutter
From: pmiller@megapathdsl.net
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 21:09:00 -0700
Hmmmm.

I admit that I am primarily a lurker on this list, but I have been a
member of it for about 5 years, so here goes....

The internet and email is a wonderful thing -- no doubt.  I approve
and laud everything that it is.

BUT!

I must tell you that I just checked my email after just two days.  I
received 70 email messages, all from the Roadster email list.  Of
these 70, about 1/3 at most, or about 23%, have some fleeting
Roadster content.  Now I DO appreciate the "OT" designation, but I
disagree with the idea.  The Roadster list is for Roadster content.
THAT IS THE IDEA BEHIND <bold>TOPIC ORIENTED </bold>EMAIL LISTS,
after all.  I joined the Roadster email list for ROADSTER
information and content.

Not for political commentary.

Not for information about other cars.

Not for poetry.

Not for cutsey stories.

Not for jokes.

I joined the ROADSTER email list, oddly enough, for ROADSTER
content.  A BIG thank you, BTW, for those of you who STICK to
topic and provide USEFUL information to help us with our cars!  You
KNOW who you are and I, for one, appreciate you!

Again, I point out that the internet, email lists, and news groups etc.
are AVAILABLE to EVERYONE -- the GREAT thing about the internet!

I'm on this list for INFORMATIVE and HELPFUL discussion about
ROADSTERS!  I do NOT care what the poetry, political, other car
writers, etc. say.  Just give me ROADSTER CONTENT!  PLEASE!  The
 rest of you, FIND ANOTHER GROUP!  YOU ARE CHOKING MY
EMAIL!  PLEASE take your political commentary, information about
other cars, poetry, cutsey stories, and jokes ELSEWHERE!  I am
CERTAIN you can find a viable and informative group for your
discussion and interests.  The Roadster list, I have always hoped, is
about ROADSTERS!

Now I am SURE this email will generate a whole lot of discussion
about what is or is not "appropriate" on the Roadster email list.
Obviously, my view is ROADSTER CONTENT.

I'm sure some folks will be offended.  Frankly I don't care, and I
can assure you that I will, as always, just delete your "insightful"
comments without even reading them.  WHY?  BECAUSE I ONLY
READ THE ROADSTER CONTENT EMAILS!  Flame me ALL YOU
WANT.  I'm pretty tired of all this drivel on what should be a VERY
SPECIFIC LIST.  Again, YOU ARE CHOKING MY EMAIL!

<bold>BTW, while I respect and appreciate you task, shame on you,
List Master, for letting this list get so ENTIRELY out of hand!

</bold>All the BEST!

<nofill>
Please note my new email address!