Re: engine won't start tap tap it starts!!

To: dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: engine won't start tap tap it starts!!
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 14:39:22 EDT
Daniel,

You may need a starter, and you may not.  In the process of tapping it, you
may be shifting the wires (which may be frayed or loose) and improving the
contact allowing the car to start, BUT given the voltage drop, I think that
you have a "sticking" solenoid.  My suggestion is to take it out of the car,
clean it up to look like new, check/repair any of the wiring that is suspect
and haul it down to Pep Boys, Discount Auto Parts, Autozone, etc to have it
tested.  If it checks out, then put it back.  If not, replacement time.

Sorry, I have no experience with Dean's starter.

Sid