Re: engine won't start tap tap it starts!!

To: "Daniel Neuman" <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>,
Subject: Re: engine won't start tap tap it starts!!
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 20:49:00 -0400
Daniel,

 Any chance that the missing bolt is allowing the started to move and some
times jam the messing of the bendix gear and the flywheel?  Regardless, if
you had a flash, something isn't connected well enough for the power to flow
properly.  you really should take a close look at all the wires to the
solenoid and starter.
  If you want to install a new starter and never touch it again for the life
of the car, TSI sells a gear reduction starter for Datsuns that would spin
the motor even if the cylinders were full of water!  We run one in a high
compression 1600 that races SCCA G Production.  No problems all summer, and
that's a race motor!  TSI is owned by Ted Shumacher, and is one of OROCs
favorite suppliers.  Chris Luers can tell you more about the starter than I
can, or take a look at TSI's web site
<http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com/index.html>.  If you decide you want
one, make sure to mention OROC.  You never know when you might get a
discount.

Paul
OROC