Re: Re[2]: engine won't start tap tap it starts!!

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us, dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu, kwhcpa@addler.net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: engine won't start tap tap it starts!!
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 18:31:00 EDT
I had an old Mustang that had that malady. The headers were the cause of the
problem.  They "baked" the starters.  It only happened after high speed
runs! :-)  I wisely invested in a lifetime warranty starter.  The
appropriate answer would have been to fabricate some kind of heat shield.
That would be a good idea with the Roadster as well.

Just my $.02 worth.

Sid